Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Chicken with Cream Sauce

Need a quick week-night dinner that everyone (yes, everyone) will love?  Here ya go!


I know it doesn't look colorful, fun or amazing....but believe me, it IS!  The first time I made this I was just cleaning out the leftovers in the fridge and throwing them in a pot, so I wasn't expecting much.  But they loved it (I did too)!  John, Bug and Tank all asked for seconds.  Bug even asked me to make it for dinner the next day.  She must have been thinking about it for a while, too.  The first thing she said to me when I picked her up at daycare was, "Momma, can we have white soup tonight!?!".  I love her little names for things.

It's fast and easy to prepare, and you just might have the ingredients at home already.  I'm using a rotisserie chicken here, but you can use leftover chicken or cook some up yourself.  Get the printable recepe here.

Go ahead and start the water boiling for your pasta.  The sauce comes together in about the same time it takes for the noodles to cook.  I recommend orrichette or shells so the sauce pools in them.  Little pockets of creamy, cheesy, buttery goodness!
Heat some oil in a sauce pan, then throw in the onions.  When the onions are clear, add in the cooked chicken; stir them around and let them stick a little to flavor the pan.

Remove the chicken and onions, set aside.

Deglaze the pan with the white wine.  Be sure to get all the yummy bits off the bottom!

Melt the butter.

Then pour in the cream, stirring to incorporate.
I mean how can you go wrong with butter and cream!?!

and cheese!?!

Grab a little taste.  Add salt and red pepper flakes.  Taste again.

Add the chicken and onions back in.  Stir it all up.

Serve over pasta, topped with cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...