Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Shrimp with Cilantro, Lime and Roasted Garlic

Fish and shrimp are my go-to proteins for meals on the fly (okay, maybe hot dogs are the real go-to for me, but we just had those).  Either way this pasta dish is really great and cooks up quickly.  Under 30 minutes easy...even with tired, whiny munchkins sweet little angels at your feet.  Because they're all sweet and wonderful when you're trying to cook dinner, right?

Get the printable recipe here

Measure out a big half cup of cilantro...I'm sure it would fit in the half cup if I packed it in tightly.  So you can call it a tightly packed half cup or a loose 3/4 cup.

Throw that in your food processor.

Cut and juice a lime...throw that in, too.

Isn't everything better with a little cilantro and lime?  They just brighten my day.

Add some roasted garlic....yea, the whole thing


And some parmesan.


Drizzle in a little olive oil and blend.


Now scoop that out of the food processor and onto your shrimp...


Stir it up so they're all coated.




Melt some butter in a sauce pan.  When the butter is completely melted add in the seasoned shrimp and cook through (just a few minutes and they're done....like 6 or 7)


Once the shrimp are cooked add in wine and stock to make a little sauce.

SUPER YUM!

GO. COOK. EAT!

***Tomorrow I'll have pictures of the new raised vegetable garden we planted this weekend!  Come back and see!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I made this recipe and it was so good. A margarita is a must with this recipe. If you didn't want to use cilantro, any substitution ideas?

    Thanks,
    Michelle Jeansonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be good to make my mouth water at 8 am. I'm adding this to my menu for next week. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...