Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Chicken with Green Chiles and Tomatoes over Orzo

So May kind of snuck up on me.  Actually, a lot of things have been sneaking up on me lately.  I'm not exactly what you would consider "on the ball".  In fact, I'm not even sure where the ball is right now.  But I did notice (around 2pm....yea, it's that bad) that yesterday was the first {working} day of May.  And since I LOVE all foods Mexican, Cinco de Mayo is one of my favorite days!  So from now through Thursday I'll be posting Mexican recipes and dreaming of a fiesta.  Actually, thanks to two little boys with some serious congestion I'd much prefer siesta over fiesta...but I'm not likely to get either!

I remembered finding this recipe over at Delish.com and thought it would be great over orzo for a whole meal. 


So I gathered all my ingredients


4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 can (4oz) diced green chiles
1 pint grape tomatoes, each cut in half
1 cup chicken broth
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili powder
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
Salt and pepper
Orzo

Cook the orzo according to package instructions.

Put the chicken breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap (or a ziptop baggie) and hammer them out to an even 1/2 inch thickness.  Season both sides with salt and pepper.


Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.  Add breasts to pan.  Cook 6-7 minutes per side until browned and juices run clear (I do this in 2 batches).  Put on a plate, cover to keep warm and set aside.


In skillet add tomatoes, chilies, cumin, chili powder, garlic, chicken broth and any juices from the plate of chicken.  Cook for 3-5 minutes, until reduced.


Meanwhile, slice the chicken.


Stir cilantro into sauce, then return chicken to the skillet.  Serve chicken and sauce over orzo.
  

Make it tonight!!!

Get the printable here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...