Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pepperade - You're Gonna Love It!

Sorry for the long silence.  Tank had his tonsils out last week.  I greatly underestimated our ability to do absolutely nothing but eat popsicles and watch cartoons for 5 days.  But before I spent an entire week being lazy, I made this.  And it was fabulous.  I made it one night with chicken.  Because I had never made it before, I threw it in with a couple other sides to just have "a little extra".  The next night, it was the star of the show!

I got a bunch of sweet peppers at the farmers market....if I had known how good this would be, I would have gotten more. 

*The picture below is a mix of the bigger sweet peppers I got from the market and a few small ones I got at the grocery store.  I like using the bigger sweet peppers; they're meatier.
Ingredients
5-6 Sweet peppers
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup white wine
Salt and pepper to taste

Clean all of your peppers.  Cut them in half and pull out stems, ribs and seeds.
Cut into thin strips.  *Aren't they beautiful!?!?!?!?!?

Heat olive oil in pan over medium high heat.  Add garlic and saute 3-5 minutes.

Add the peppers.  Stir occassionally. 
After about 5 minutes add in the white wine.  Allow it to cook uncovered for about 10 more minutes (to cook off the alcohol).  Notice how they're getting a little brighter and softer?  They're starting to break down and become G-O-O-D!
Stir, add a little salt and pepper (just a pinch of each), cover and reduce heat to medium.  Let cook until the peppers are soft, about another 18 minutes.
See how much they cook down?  They're all soft and sweet and yummy now!!!
You can eat these alone, or with meat.
I'm betting it would be GREAT over cream cheese as a dip.  Or on quesadillas, corn cakes, tacos, ice cream (just making sure you're listening).  I'm pretty sure there's an endless list of ways to use these.  They're REALLY good.  Did I say that already? 

Get the printable here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...