Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Recalculating

I'm sure anyone who's ever ridden in a car with a GPS device has heard the little voice that gets irritable when you go off its predetermined path.

As I have made more of an effort to have a Faith-based life in the last 2 years I have really had great struggles with the idea that God has a plan for each of us.  According to my faith, I am supposed to feel secure in the fact that I am right where God wants me to be, that he has a plan for me.  But some days I feel like where I am and where I think I should be just don't fit.  It makes me want to scream:

"But I feel SO BEHIND in life!"

"This doesn't fit!"

"I feel so LOST!"

At bible study last night and we discussed how we are reminded in the bible that God has a plan for each of us.  Someone posed a question I have thought of frequently but was a little too shy to offer up: "What if I didn't listen to God in the past?  What if I turned off of God's path.  Am I just lost now?"

I wrestled with our conversation all night last night.  My guess is that I will be struggling with the daily ins and outs of this part of faith for quite a while.  I still don't know that my faith is strong enough to put me completely at ease.

I do know this though.

God does have a plan for me.  He also gives me free will.  There have been, and likely will be in the future, times when I chose to disobey God.  There will be times when I refuse to quiet the noise around me and truly listen to what He has to say.  I will turn off of God's neatly laid path.  But the comfort comes in knowing that He will never give up on me.  When I really listen, I can hear His gentle "recalculating".  He will guide me back to my path, the one he laid out so carefully for me.  He never promised it would be easy; He just promised He'd be there all the way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...