Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Salsa Pork Chops Over Lemon-Garlic Zucchini


Okay, so you might be noticing a trend here...I use salsa A LOT.  It's a fast way for me to inject a lot of flavor in a little bit of time ~ and my kids love salsa, so it's an easy win.  And really, who doesn't want their kid begging for more tomatoes?  I do recommend using fresh salsa, though.  You can usually find some in the produce section of your local grocery, or you can make your own.  This dish sort of fell together all by itself.  I had pork chops in the fridge, a co-worker gave me some zucchini and when it looked a little boring I used my trusty fallback - salsa.  John & I loved it...the kids ate it, but they didn't seem to love or hate it.  But they're kids, some days that's all we get, right?

So here we go...let's make dinner!

*Get the printable recipe for zucchini*

First, cut your zucchini so it will fit into the tube of the food processor.
Fit your food processor with the shredder blade, and drop them in one at a time.  I just love the look of this...it's like food confetti.
Slice some garlic.  I like a lot of garlic (6 cloves), you may like less (maybe 4 cloves).
Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a pan; add in the sliced garlic.  Let that cook for about 3 min.
Add in the zucchini and a couple pinches of salt; stir.  Let that cook in for about 5 minutes.
Add lemon juice and another pinch of salt; stir; cover; reduce to low.
I went really easy on the pork chops.  Season with salt and pepper,
throw them in a pan over some hot olive oil (about 4 minutes on each side).  Add in some salsa (about 1 tablespoon/pork chop) when you flip to the second side. 

I plated them together for the adults
 And separately for the kiddos
 All in all, it was a simple, but successful dinner.  What are you having tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...