Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Truly Enjoying Family

Everyone I know seems to be busy right now, and no one seems to have an end in sight to the busy-ness.  I'm SO guilty of that myself.  There never seems to be enough time...we rush around every weekday and weekends are planned out before they arrive.  But during all of this, something is happening.

This
Is becoming this
It's happening right before my eyes,
Yet I feel like I miss so much.  I think with every word they say and every step they take, "when did you get so big?"
When you're expecting, and when your child is born, people say to enjoy it because they grow so fast.
There is no way to truly convey that message in understandable terms. 
The sleepless nights (of which there are PLENTY),
The sassy words (see previous parenthesis),
The tantrums (not too terribly bad, actually).
All of the good and all of the bad.  Those moments just hurry by.
I can't stop the time,
But I WILL soak it all up.
Enjoy today!

4 comments:

  1. It all does go by so fast, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it'd be so awesome to just freeze time just for a little while. my oldest is starting jr. high in the fall. NOOO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way too fast, Karen!
    Kelly, that would be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous family!!!

    found your blog thru Casey's linkup! and i am now following!
    http://resourcefulred.blogspot.com
    resourcefulred@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...