Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Egg Sandwich on an English Muffin

This is really more than just an egg sandwich.
It's loaded with flavor - and it hangs out under the broiler until the cheese is bubbly and the tomato is releasing its sweetness.

I've always been bad about breakfast.  Even as a kid, I just never ate it.  Now, I'll often fix breakfast for my kids and either skip it, or fix a plate for myself that I just don't get around to eating.

But now, I'm on a diet.  Or (because I hate the word/idea of a diet) two week meal and exercise plan.  It includes breakfast.  And I know the only way to avoid incessant snacking at 10a.m. is to eat the breakfast.  So - please enjoy this lovely sandwich, knowing that it's actually a healthy way to start your day.
Just fry up some onions and peppers.
Add egg whites.
Lay out your bread.
Assemble the yummyness.
Spinach and cheese on the top;
egg and tomato on the bottom.
Here's the good part - place it under the broiler.
Bubbly goodness:
Smash it all together.
And take a bite.
MMMMmmmmmmmm............I hope this is a start to a fantastic day!

You can get the printable recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...