Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Little Love Letters

When I first saw this written on the wall, I got pretty irritated.
Then I realized it was the first time I had seen her write her name.  I've considered putting a frame around it, but I'm afraid it might encourage more writing on the walls.

Can you see the little hand print here?
This is right next to the toilet.  As many moms know, it's pretty impossible to potty in peace. . . this is a cute little reminder of how much my children need to be next to me, no matter what.
These little ones are always right under foot.  Or in the middle of whatever I'm trying to do (in case you can't tell, he's in the dishwasher I'm trying to unload).
They leave me little love notes all around the house.
They want to show me everything they do.
They can never wait for my attention, my love, my hugs.
They need me RIGHTNOW!
And while all of this can get frustrating at times,
While it can cause the chores to be interupted, dinner to be burnt, or left sitting until cold,
One day, I'm not going to be they're favorite person in the room.
One day, they'll think they don't need me for anything (doesn't her face say it all there?).
One day, they won't want to climb into my bed at 2 in the morning for no reason.
But today... they still think I'm pretty cool.


Linking up with Casey at The Wiegand's.

1 comment:

  1. I just love this. So true! I love being my babies favorite person! I never was Brennan's favorite... My daddy always has been! And I couldnt have picked a better man for the job of who my son looks up to!!! :-) Love- Hayley T

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...